A family with young children huddled in the corner of a Washington, D.C., Chipotle Saturday night as masked teenagers climbed on tables, hurled chairs and turned the restaurant into a chaotic brawl during the latest viral “teen takeover” incident.
The terrifying scene unfolded at the Navy Yard Chipotle just before 9 p.m. when a massive fight erupted inside the packed restaurant.
Cellphone footage showed teenagers dressed almost entirely in black screaming, fighting and jumping across tables while horrified customers tried to stay out of the violence.
At least six people, including three small children, could be seen sheltering behind a man in a red polo shirt as chairs flew through the restaurant.
Another video captured girls gathered outside the Chipotle screaming and filming the destruction on their phones.
When police arrived, one girl could be heard yelling, “We gotta go.”
According to D.C. police, officers were already nearby and responded within a minute after reports of a large fight came in around 8:41 p.m.
🗳️Turning Point PAC is deploying the largest ballot-chasing operation in U.S. History to secure key battleground states. 🗳️ Keep our grassroots army in the field and protect future victories! ➡️➡️➡️ DONATE TODAY!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
“Witnesses reported one group of juveniles were inside of the establishment when another group entered and a fight broke out immediately,” the Metropolitan Police Department said in a statement. “Both groups fled prior to the officer’s arrival.”
Police said no injuries were reported. The video, however, showed the restaurant left completely trashed.
Tables were overturned, chairs scattered across the floor and food debris covered parts of the dining area after the teenagers fled. Authorities said detectives are continuing to investigate.
The Navy Yard incident was only the latest in a growing wave of chaotic “teen takeovers” erupting in major cities across the country.
In Huntington Beach, California, a businessman said he and his wife were swarmed by teenagers on e-bikes after he tried navigating through a massive crowd gathered along the boardwalk.
Sam El-Said told KTLA he was riding home Saturday night when someone hurled a glass bottle at his face.
The bottle either shattered on impact or had already been broken, leaving him bloodied.
After stopping to see what happened, El-Said said multiple teenagers attacked him from behind.
He told the station as many as six teens kicked and stomped him while he was on the ground.
Video from the aftermath showed the victim on his hands and knees in the sand while teenagers laughed nearby.
One teen wearing a dark Playboy hoodie appeared to be pulled away from the injured man.
KTLA reported blood was running down El-Said’s face after the attack. He also suffered a black eye.
Police said the victim managed to detain one of the teens involved until officers arrived.
Authorities later cited the juvenile for misdemeanor battery. El-Said said the attack left him deeply shaken.
“Come here on Friday night, on Saturday night, to this very spot and see what this looks like,” he told KTLA. “It’s chaos; it’s terror.”
“If nothing happens and things don’t change, we’re going to keep seeing incidents like what happened to me, but far worse.”
Another teen takeover in Chicago turned dangerous after a crowd surrounded a police cruiser during a street gathering early Wednesday morning.
Video showed another vehicle repeatedly ramming the squad car while onlookers climbed on top of the cruiser and recorded the chaos on their phones.
The incident happened around 12:43 a.m., according to Fox Chicago.
Nineteen-year-old Maximus Wyderski was later charged with misdemeanor reckless driving, fleeing officers and multiple vehicle violations.
During a street takeover near Grant Park, a car rams a responding CPD vehicle and pushes it back.
Onlookers cheer it on.
Our intrepid mayor, @ChicagosMayor, expects us to believe this insanity is normal and acceptable. pic.twitter.com/lQj6ctO3ME
— Chicago Contrarian (@ChicagoContrar1) May 9, 2026
Wyderski denied participating in the street takeover. He told Fox News Digital his car battery died while he was merely watching the scene.
“The second cop, he pulls right behind me, gets out of his car, and tells me to ‘get the f— out,’ put my hands up, and then he arrests me,” Wyderski said.
“And then he said that I was a part of an alleged street takeover and then charged me with all that.”
Meanwhile in Tampa, Florida, authorities arrested nearly two dozen people after another large teen gathering spiraled into fights and disorder over the weekend.
The incident unfolded near Curtis Hixon Park, where police said the crowd caused “significant disruptions, fights, and other issues in the park and surrounding areas.”
Body-camera footage later showed officers rushing into crowds while making arrests.
Police said 22 people between the ages of 12 and 21 were taken into custody. Only four of those arrested were adults.
Authorities said charges included affray, narcotics possession, resisting officers and unlawful weapon possession. Police also recovered two firearms.
“This type of reckless and criminal behavior will not be tolerated in our city,” Tampa Police Chief Lee Bercaw said in a statement.
“Parents need to know where their children are and who they are with.”
A similar situation unfolded earlier this month at a carnival in Maple Shade, New Jersey.
Township officials said the annual Maple Shade Tigers Youth Football Carnival was overwhelmed by unsupervised teenagers after multiple fights broke out.
Police and organizers eventually shut the event down. Officials later canceled the following night’s carnival entirely because of the unrest.
“During the course of the evening, several fights broke out, and the event became overwhelmed with unsupervised juveniles,” township officials said in a Facebook statement.
Lt. Daniel O’Brien later accused many of the teenagers of deliberately trying to provoke officers.
“They were cursing at police officers,” O’Brien told ABC6. “They were clearly trying to provoke physical confrontations with cops.”
O’Brien also questioned why parents allowed some teenagers to attend the carnival wearing masks.
“If your kid is leaving the house with a face mask to go to a carnival, I think that should be a sign that they might be getting themselves into trouble,” he said.
